We provide news, links and commentary regarding issues of interest to Florida equine racing and breeding participants.
Our links to in-state and national sites provide visitors with a balanced and fair perspective of the issues affecting the
economics of the equine industry across all racing breeds. The equine industry, especially the racing breeds, contribute
jobs, consumption of value-added services and products, creation and maintenance of green space, tax revenues, educational
opportunities, research and development and therapy for children and adults through their relationship with horses. In addition
the racing horse industry sponsors major racing events, sales and conferences that attract patrons to Florida from countries worldwide.
- Licensing of pari-mutuel and gaming facilities
- Decoupling live racing from gaming
- Advance deposit account wagering
- Horsemen's associations
- Restrictions on racing and simulcasting
- Internet wagering
- Issues affecting attendance, handle and profitability
- Tax issues
- Agricultural issues
- Economic impact of the equine industry